Friday, June 18, 2010

manhattan in flipped, double exposures


when arriving back to manhattan on the short ride with the manhattan ferry, I took this picture with the lomo diana. i first covered the bottom half of the lens with my credit card, and took one exposure. then i covered the top part, turned the camera upside-down, and did another exposure. I am really happy with how it turned out.

luckily I gave it two tries, because when developing the film, I realized I had messed up one of them. under you gan see how the "unsuccessful" one turned out (the picture itself is not that bad i think. it works well as a panorama-shot).


i actually came up with the idea for this technique when i was shooting in vigeland sculpture park. however, when i tried to do it there, i messed it up in the way that i was covering the bottom half of the lens in both exposures. here it's how it turned out:

Share

No comments:

Post a Comment