Sunday, April 28, 2013

the use of lomography in fashion and streetwear photography

it's been a long time since this blog was updated, and a lot has happened with lomography. the life of analogue photography is a big roller coaster. it was forgotten when digital took over, it came back when people got nostalgic, and it disappeared again when mobile apps allow people to make "analogue" pics with their smartphones. people with a love for photography still long for the feeling of analogue shots, and there's been a comeback in film even in fashion photography. the label this is a love song just did a full lookbook analogue, and there's many more doing the same. more so than the pure fashion photography is it "accepted" to shoot analogue in the world of streetwear. instead of having to be polished and perfect, shots in the streetwear world can be raw and edgy. there are also many shooting "analogue", with the likes of hipstamatic or other smartphone apps. like this photo, which is a collaboration between Nemis Clothing and EGR (actually one streetwear label and a fashion label together). as a lover of lomography and analogue photography, I was definitely amongst the skeptics when it came to hipstamatic. to be frank, I didn't even try the app until very recently. it was almost embarrassing to see how much I like the app. the feel of choosing lenses, films, and flashes really reminded me of the analogue world, and was running around testing all combinations, doing double exposures and very random shots. the fact that you have to wait for your "prints" to "develop" is also quite neat. so things are moving forwards, and backwards, with lomography and analogue photography in general, and hopefully it will keep doing that ;) I, for one, will definitely follow the development, and keep shooting analogue, digital, and digital-analogue for a long time coming!

(photo by splatou)

Share

12 comments:

  1. Mmm.. good to be here in your article or post, whatever, I think I should also work hard for my own website like I see some good and updated working in your site. gipsydharma.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. The first several months of my site there were no comments; just give it time; now they come in like crazy every day! Thanks. www.primarkonlineshoppers.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. First You got a great blog .I will be interested in more similar topics. i see you got really very useful topics , i will be always checking your blog thanks. Gipsy Dharma

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, great blog, but I don’t understand how to add your site in my rss reader. Can you Help me please? love Gypsy Dharma boots

    ReplyDelete
  5. Likes dramatically increase the stage of recognition within your internet site and together with the accurate assortment depend; a lot of people today will be attracted to your account. The firms that offer these remedies, will provide you with non-automated or robot likes and supply you with real Instagram likes. The great issue about this is they may be immediately sent in your account meaning you would not have to go to that a lot. And if you're a company, expanding your Instagram likes will probably be helpful. http://www.buyrealiglikes.com/increase-instagram-video-likes/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good Post, I am a big believer in posting comments on sites to let the blog writers know that theyĆ¢€™ve added something advantageous to the world wide web!.life quotes

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey, enormous blog, other than I don’t appreciate how to put in your place in my rises book-lover. be able to you Help me satisfy? Geography Coursework Help

    ReplyDelete
  8. This type of weight loss occurs after several weeks of disusing muscles or because of a lack of nutrients needed to sustain muscle tissue, according to the American College of Sports Medicine. https://adamfantacy.tumblr.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi to every body, it’s my first pay a visit of this webpage; this website consists of remarkable and in fact fine information designed for readers. andreslumia.weebly.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hmm it seems like your blog ate my first comment (it was super long) so I guess I’ll just sum it up what I had written and say, I’m thoroughly enjoying your blog. I too am an aspiring blog blogger but I’m still new to everything. Do you have any points for beginner blog writers? I’d genuinely appreciate it. My Blog http://moviescrib.angelfire.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. I all the time used to read article in news papers but now as I am a user of internet so from now I am using net for content, thanks to web. My Blog http://hall-creepie.mozello.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. whoah this weblog is great i love studying your articles. Keep up the great paintings! You understand, a lot of individuals are looking round for this info, you can aid them greatly. My Blog http://www.marvelscreen-40.webself.net/

    ReplyDelete