Monday, April 19, 2010

finally got a scanner!






after much searching I finally got a hold on an Epson Perfection 3170 scanner today, bought secondhand for the very reasonable sum of 40 Euro. the scanner can handle negatives up to 120mm, therefore seams perfect for lomography.
after MUCH clumsing around with the installment of the scanner, I finally got it working, and started scanning my 35mm negatives. the best thing about using a medium-format sized scanner is that it also scans the exposed sprocket holes in the film, so it is great with the 35mm Diana F+ camera back.
when I had finally figured out how to scan, the results blew me away! the imagine quality is amazing, and considering the low development costs (only 2.95 per roll compared to around 10 with prints), I am very satisfied with this scanner.

when I received the prints from my first two 120mm b/w rolls a couple of weeks ago, I was pretty disappointed with the contrast and levels in the photos. however, after scanning the negatives now, I realize it was the prints, and not the Diana that ruined the quality. therefore, I have decided to post a couple of shots from the first b/w rolls, even though some may be re-submissions. it is totally justified by the increased quality!

Flight of the Conchords - The Most Beautiful Girl (In The Room) (mp3)







Share

No comments:

Post a Comment